Sunday, April 13, 2008

Leg Up!

I have other plans for my arms and legs this week. It looks like we are going to finally emerge from winter and see some decent temps. So, my commuter bag is packed and the alarm is set. I'm going to ride into work this week in order to gain a little extra training time and save a little fuel cost to boot. Double bonus!

My commute is really a no-brainer. It is about 11 miles and takes me only 10 to 15 minutes longer to ride that it does to drive. I even have locker and shower facilities when I get there. I don't know why I don't do it more often. Starting this week I plan to make happen more often.

Can you think of a single action that is more beneficial than riding a bike?

8 comments:

nerdman said...

No, except maybe reading Eckhart Tolle!

Anonymous said...

drinking beer?

Anonymous said...

at least you have a shower - my shower is the bathroom sink and the soap that is pink and fruity that is dispensed from the sink...you are lucky.

Anonymous said...

There are so many reasons to commute.

John

Erik said...

I vote for drinking beer.

Anonymous said...

Drinking Vodka works for me! you crazy nut! Lots of love and cheers from CA! Love,
X

JayT said...

Hello X, thanks for checking in! I look forward to a pre-race toast when I arrive in CA. Take care!

TimothyCase said...

The only thing better than commuting to work on your bike is riding your commuter bike across the country in June...

My $.02

TC