Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year and back to work

Christams was great, but training-wise Christmas week was not good. Starting New Years Eve things have turned around again. Mary and I turned down party invites for New Years Eve opting to spend a family night safe and sound at home. That plan quickly fell apart as our kids all had alternate plans. I guess playing games at home with mom & dad is not so exciting to teen & nearly teen kids.

The up-side? I got to go skiing! So that is how I spent some of the last hours of '07. Actually, you want to know what I was doing in the very last hour of '07? At 11:30 I was at Cub foods in Champlin buying pop for my oldest daughter and her two friends, woo-hoo! I did make it home in time to kiss my wife as '08 arrived (then I hid out in the basement).

Fast-forward to tonight and the "back to work" part. Great ski night with a lot of familiar faces... Amy, Melinda, Dave, Tom, Bob, John, & Neil. I skied my longest and hardest ski of the season so far. Two hour plus with a 2K Time Trial thrown in and a team relay lap race to boot. I went home with probably 25K on my legs, tired, and parched!

Best wishes to everyone in 2008. Bring it on!

1 comment:

nerdman said...

More relay racing!! Come on out everybody!